Undergraduate Program - Overview
Geography is the science of place and space on earth. Geographers study both the spatial aspects of human existence and the physical phenomena and processes that form our environment. Geographers make critical contributions to knowledge and human society through study of the linkages between human activity and natural systems. Our broad-based program provides students with training in both the social and physical science of geography, as well as in techniques such as GIS and remote sensing that are critical to answering geographic questions.
Intent To Register 2015
If you return in September 2015 you need to complete the Intent to Register process online between February 2nd and March 31st. Visit the registrar's site for more information. To help plan your degree please see the Geography Programs Quick Check Lists. Still have questions? Ask Angelica Lucaci, the Geography Undergraduate Advisor, contact information below.
Why come to Western Geography Contest
What has made YOUR experience at Western Geography exceptional?
Create a PowerPoint slide that highlights why you think prospective students should choose Western Geography or what you like best about Western Geography. Email your submission(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 2nd to win a $25 gift card to the Bookstore. Best 10 submissions win prizes.
More details here. Don't forget to sign and send the Photo Waiver (page 3) with your subimssion.
Summer Calendar now available
Important Dates for Winter 2015
- February 2 - March 31: Intent to Register
- March 3: First day for web registration for Summer Distance Studies
- March 5: First day for web registration for Intersession
- March 9: Last day to drop a second-term course on paper without academic penalty.
- March 10: First day for web registration for Summer Day
- April 8: Last Day of Classes
- April 11-30: Final Exam Period
- April 30: Last day to receive applications for graduation: Spring Convocation
New Programs in Geography
Combined Degrees with Ivey
Geography and Commercial Aviation Management
If you have any questions about these new modules please contact the Geography Undergrad Advisor, Angelica Lucaci, contact information below.
Geography Program Counselling
Angelica Lucaci, Undergraduate Assistant and Program Advisor
Every day 9:00-4:00
Social Science Centre Room 2322A
Phone: 519-661-2111, Ext. 86052
Also from this web page:
- Award Winning Faculty
- Social Science Career Services
- Exam Schedule
- Geography Programs Quick Check Lists
- Lecture Timetable
- Assignment Due Dates
- First Year Geography Courses
- Geography Students - Story of the Week
- GSA - Geography Students' Association
- Undergraduate Award Winners
- Referencing Guidelines
- Undergraduate Affairs Committee
- CAG Student Membership
- Career Opportunities
- Geography Related Links
- Search Geography