Undergraduate Program - Overview
Geography is the science of place and space on earth. Geographers study both the spatial aspects of human existence and the physical phenomena and processes that form our environment. Geographers make critical contributions to knowledge and human society through study of the linkages between human activity and natural systems. Our broad-based program provides students with training in both the social and physical science of geography, as well as in techniques such as GIS and remote sensing that are critical to answering geographic questions.
- September 10: first day of classes
- September 18: last day for web registration
- Sept 28 - Oct 2: field camp week
- October 12 :Thanksgiving holiday
- October 29-30: Fall Study Break
- November 5: Last day to drop a first term course without academic penalty
- November 30: Last day to drop a full year course without academic penalty
- December 9: last day of classes
Please be aware that there is no paper add/drop this year. The web registration closes on Friday September 18 and that's the last day students can add/drop/swap courses.
Here are a few tools to help with course selection:
quick check lists,
Science FAQs, Geography FAQs.
Still have questions? Ask Angelica Lucaci, the Geography Undergraduate Advisor, contact information below.
Geography Program Counselling
Angelica Lucaci, Undergraduate Assistant and Program Advisor
Every day 9:00-4:00
Social Science Centre Room 2322A
Phone: 519-661-2111, Ext. 86052
Also from this web page:
- Award Winning Faculty
- Social Science Career Services
- What to do with a degree in...
- Social Science Internship Program
- Exam Schedule
- Geography Programs Quick Check Lists
- Lecture Timetable
- Assignment Due Dates
- First Year Geography Courses
- Geography Students - Story of the Week
- GSA - Geography Students' Association
- Undergraduate Award Winners
- Referencing Guidelines
- Undergraduate Affairs Committee
- CAG Student Membership
- Career Opportunities
- Geography Related Links
- Search Geography